Thursday, October 15, 2009

Song written for the missing/murdered Aboriginal women of Canada hits # 25 on the music charts

Vancouver, BC – I Pray, a song written for the missing/murdered Aboriginal women of Canada, is quickly climbing the music charts on NCI’s Aboriginal top 30 countdown in Canada.

The song I Pray, is from the CD entitled Colours Of My Life produced by the KETA Society to promote the concept of “LOVE” towards the missing/murdered Aboriginal women of Canada.

I Pray, written by Juno nominee and CAMA award winning lap slide guitarist Jason Burnstick, has moved up five spots to number 25 since its débute on NCI FM in just three weeks.

“I wrote these songs for all the amazing women in my life, but I would like to dedicate this song to Rose Marie Plante, my number one fan” says Jason Burnstick, Cree musician and composer. “I have some very special women in my life who are very strong and beautiful. They have inspired me and stood by me when I needed it the most. Colours Of My Life is an opportunity to give back to the community.”

Colours Of My Life includes 10 songs completed for this project by well-known Aboriginal artists who have generously shared their talent to help reclaim the missing and/or murdered Aboriginal women of Canada as part of the greater community.

“KETA is very thankful to Jason Burnstick and all of the artists who participated in this project,” says Gloria Larocque, President of the KETA Society. “They have definitely helped to strengthen awareness that Aboriginal people have a strong, rich, diverse culture.”

This initiative is part of an ongoing project to raise awareness of the issue of the missing/murdered Aboriginal women of Canada.

This CD includes original songs by artists: Jason Burnstick,Tewanee Joseph, Stephanie Harpe and W.T.Goodspirit. In addition, Don Amero donated one of his tracks from the CD Deepening entitled Life Gets Better.

Each artist brings their own interpretation of love and acceptance for the missing and/or murdered Aboriginal women of Canada. They bring their own special message to the families. In this manner, showing love and support through song is one tiny step towards letting the individuals and families of these women know they are not alone.

“We know there are more than 520 missing/murdered Aboriginal women and girls in this country,” asserts Larocque. “The Colours Of My Life CD is meant to project a ray of light for the loved ones so deeply impacted by this serious issue.”

All proceeds from the sale of the CD will go towards promoting awareness of the issue of the missing/murdered Aboriginal women of Canada and goes back to the KETA Society for future initiatives.

Listen to Colours of my Life

No comments:

Post a Comment